Tuesday, January 25, 2011

winner winner, chicken dinner

I love entering contests. I do them all the time. That’s why your newsfeed is spammed with links and statuses I’ve posted that mention other photographers or companies. The thing is most of them want you to continuously write on friends walls asking them to “like” the company and write on their wall that they’re visiting them because it gives you another entry into the contest; or for you to “like” all the photographers or companies that they like and write that they sent you. Wayyyyy too complicated. I just had to reread that sentence because I even got lost myself. Usually the gift is pretty rad – a camera bag, props, gear – but it was just a pain in the ass to even enter yourself. So I was thinking – why can’t a contest still have a pretty awesome prize without being crazy complicated and time consuming? Oh, my friends, it can.
 
That’s why I’ve created the “kp photography simplest contest in the whole entire world” contest. The winner gets a whopping $500 off any wedding collection or session they book with me. That’s a big chunk of money you can put somewhere else in your wedding planning. I hear the screams already! This is how you win:
 
Tomorrow, the Free Times Newspaper based out of Columbia is putting out their 2011 Wedding Planning issue. Inside you will find my first attempt at non-online marketing – something that I’m pretty proud of and nervous about all at the same time. All you have to do to enter is take a picture of the ad with your cell phone – it must be clear – or scan it into your computer, and upload it to your Facebook wall. In the caption, tag my Facebook page “kp photography” as well as in your status – preferably something witty that will make me laugh and keep me entertained at work for the next week. The issue will be available from tomorrow to Tuesday, February 1st before they release the next issue. You have 7 days to pick up your copy and get it on Facebook. A winner will be chosen at random on Wednesday, February 2nd. To my beautiful brides who have already booked me: yes, you can enter; however, the $500 will go towards print credit and not off of your amount due. To my beautiful women & men who are already married or not even close to getting married: you can enter as well and win any regular session of your choice with plenty of credit left over for prints, canvases, CDs or albums.

Yep! That's it. Pretty darn easy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment