Friday, June 10, 2011

summer lovin...

wow, i seriously suck at blogging. to the millions of fans who subscribe to this blog, i send out my sincere apologies for keeping you waiting this long.

so as my friends, you know i have big dreams. some of you have followed my little journey from day one, and some of you jumped on my mavericks-like bandwagon recently, which is cool too. all in all, you know how far i've come and what i can do. though this spring and summer has been crazy busy for me, i've had time to reflect on my success and setbacks, the good times and bad, and where i'd ultimately like to take this bad boy.

the support, thus far, has been amazing. i feel as if i have a little army of brides in my corner dominating social media newsfeeds with links to my kp photography facebook and sporting my work as their profile picture. it's truly an indescribable feeling, i promise you. the truth is i owe my success to all of you - the majority of my bookings have happened thanks to facebook, word of mouth, and referrals, and i appreciate every bit of it. totally.

exciting news has made its way from the land down under - my work is going to be featured in an issue of WHITE Wedding magazine, a fabulous Australian publication filled with everything wedding, including bridal fashion, planning advice and more. i'm on cloud 9 about this. i can't wait to see my work in it's glossy editorial-ness. cool news for my couples/brides out there: some of you are gonna be famous too! once i get my hands on a copy, it will definitely be shared :)

 i'd like to continue to grow. it definitely has the potential. now that i've found my style, i'd like to run with it.

that's where you come in.

for the rest of 2011 (maybe some of 2012 depending on how it goes), i'm offering half off engagement, bridal, and trash the dress sessions. there's only one catch: you must be a blank canvas. let me build a customized session for you and just go with it and trust me. i must make this clear: i'm not discounting my sessions because i need the work; i'm busy as it is with my current calendar. i'd just simply like to experiment with the visions and dreams i have tucked away that aren't quite "traditional". of course, i'd let you know what i am thinking and you will have a right to accept or decline, but please understand you must be open minded.

thus more, i've prided myself in being an "affordable" photographer, meaning i have collection pricing that fits in most wedding budgets. i don't plan to become a diva and start charging out the wazoo either. i've also been known for doing charitable/pro-bono work and donating services for philanthropic needs. in 2012, i'd like to do something i haven't done before: i'd like to shoot a wedding for free. when kp photography reaches 1000 fans on fb, i will hold a contest for one deserving couple to receive one of my popular wedding collections.

let's make this happen, people. you've already done so much, i can't wait to see what else you are capable of :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations - that is awesome that you will be featured in a magazine - so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete