Friday, November 26, 2010

I'm Back!

I have great intentions when start a new routine. I'm all about it at first - following through on a consistent basis, then WHAM! I fall of the wagon a month or two later. Unfortunately, I've let this happen to my blogging. But I'm back! :)

Many things have happened since the last time I've blogged. I've given my website and logo a whole new look, dyed my hair blonde (excited to get new professional pics by Tina Wrona in January to show it) and I've redirected my focus to wedding services and event photography, which has made me A LOT busier than I had been. Before I opted to do all of this, I hit a wall. I burned myself out - more quickly than I had anticipated - and it wasn't fun for me anymore. It became what I hoped it wouldn't: a job. After a quick trip to San Francisco in August where I got to shoot landscapes and abstracts for me and no one else, and attending a Business of Photography class with the Portrait Photography Group - Columbia, I decided I would limit myself to shoot what I enjoyed most: engagements, bridals, and weddings. Yes, it may seem that I'm shrinking my clientele. Yes, some of my audience may move on. But I'm okay with it. I rather limit myself focusing on what I love, rather than opening myself to many opportunities doing something I'm not crazy about. I'm being fair to myself, as well as to potential clients. Think about it: would you want me to shoot your kid when I'm not 100% invested? Nope.

After I experienced my first unsatisfied client (who was a friend and oddly never told me she was unsatisfied - just defriended me on Facebook), I realized tiny humans didn't tickle my fancy. Babies straight up scare me. I think newborn baby photography is the most beautiful form of photography and would love to do it - I'm just not built for it. So I decided to stick with shooting what I'm good at and thoroughly enjoy: Love between a man and woman who want to spend the rest of their lives together.

So I'm back - for reals this time - and I'm looking forward to showing you awesome images of the clients that I'm 100% crazy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment